View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
So tickled to be in your thoughts, nunu. My MIL is in town and one of the benefits of that situation is the ability to go out with my wife, which I am now preparing to do. Actually, she is the one preparing. I am prepared. I do believe I will have an IPA also. There's a brewpub right around the corner called la Rana Dorada (golden frog) that brews and serves a perfectly fine IPA. There is a local brewery called Casa Bruja that brews an IPA called Chivoperro that I don't especially love, but they make a pale ale called Chitra which may very well be my favorite beer on the planet. They also make a Gose style beer called Frambuesa that is sour and salty that is surprisingly good. I don't know where to find Chitra on tap outside of the Casa Bruja brewery bar.

I have said this before, but Jacksonville is an excellent place to see a game. There are usually plenty of Texans fans on hand, and since the stadium was renovated it is a perfectly nice place to visit. If you stay downtown, and I have no idea where else you'd stay, you can walk to the stadium. And there's more going on in downtown than you might imagine. It surprises me how good a time I always have there. If you guys are looking into a future road trip, you could do worse, especially if they're playing in December and not September.

Our guys are going to get their asses kicked tomorrow, but who cares?
You've traveled to Texans' road games ? You are more of a Texans' fan than I imagined.
I haven't even been to a game here in town for years. Why bother when the seats are free for everyone including friends and family at home. No hassle in driving to the game or returning to home after its' over.
Plenty of beverages and snacks just feet away from the comfy chair in the
living/family room in the nearby fridge.