Thread: My Guys 2018
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 04:03 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
Roy, if not much trouble, who is left on your board for day 3
I apologize for not seeing this sooner. I was at a wedding watching the picks on my Smart Phone. Weird story, I wanted to drive to Dallas for the draft, but my Fiancee was in a wedding and I had to be her plus one. Apparently, the Bride was unaware of which weekend this was. Anyway, if you take a look at my board when the Texans were drafting in the 3rd round, I would have selected for Houston the following players:

#68 Mark Andrews. I like Justin Reid and all, he was like my 3rd option. Having the Honey Badger and Reid on the same roster is almost redundant. I just think that Mark Andrews could be a Mini-Gronk/Kelce/insert Big-Time pass-catching TE. This Offense and D. Watson could have definitely utilized him. I thought that Andrews has 1st round type talent at a position of need.

#80 Tyrell Crosby. I have no idea why he fell so much during the draft. Maybe some medical concerns or something, but he was a RT and possible LT I was focused on. My other options to consider at that point were: Michael Gallup (#81),
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Rankin (Who they selected), and Chukwuma Okorafor(#92).

#98 OLB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo. I was also looking very hard at Mike White to be the backup QB, just in case something happens to Watson with an injury. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken White here. My last consideration was another weapon, DaeSean Hamilton.

Now to answer your question of who did I have left at the start of day 3? The following:
26 OT Tyrell Crosby Oregon
37 OLB Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma
52 QB Mike White WKU
58 WR DaeSean Hamilton Penn State
60 DT Andrew Brown Virginia
61 DE Josh Sweat Florida State
62 SS DeShon Elliott Texas
63 SS Marcus Allen Penn State
66 WR Marcell Ateman Ateman
67 WR Simmie Cobbs Indiana
68 OLB Dorance Armstrong Kansas
71 WR Allen Lazard Iowa St