IntheBullseye.com

IntheBullseye.com (http://inthebullseye.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Texans (http://inthebullseye.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Andre contemplating his future- please stay (http://inthebullseye.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792)

chuck 07-23-2014 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrett (Post 38377)
Anyone who wants to throw around blind insults at AJ for missing a minicamp is an idiot. He has been plenty committed to our organization winning games. I just wish Bob McNair and company were as committed to winning as AJ is. Since rolling out a team with no QB is the front office equivalent to going down "injured" with no contact.

This entire post is eminently commendable, the final paragraph particularly so. If McNair were as committed to winning as AJ who knows what this team would have accomplished.

Nconroe 07-23-2014 01:26 PM

some interesting opinions you guys have.

Anyways, today AJ's agent says he is in discussion with Texans, wonder why?

barrett 07-23-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nconroe (Post 38385)
some interesting opinions you guys have.

Anyways, today AJ's agent says he is in discussion with Texans, wonder why?

Why do you think they're talking?

Do you think AJ will get more money when this whole thing is done? Do you think he's trying to?

Nconroe 07-23-2014 08:30 PM

I don't care to argue about maybe.

My thought which might change if hear more info-

I didn't think AJ was asking for more money and I don't think he likes being in the news.

I've got no clue what his agent might be discussing. Usually agents are about money aren't they?

Maybe we will know for sure in a couple days.

WMH 07-25-2014 08:19 AM

@McClain_on_NFL: Andre Johnson reported to Texans this morning.

Nconroe 07-25-2014 10:18 AM

Yeah, no holdout. Hope it works out AJ is happy and stays.

Sounds like Andre is here to be a great part of the team.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...5-8b4f89a92d71

barrett 07-25-2014 01:22 PM

They must have given him a bunch of money if he came back, since that's what many of you thought the whole thing was about.

WMH 07-25-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrett (Post 38396)
They must have given him a bunch of money if he came back, since that's what many of you thought the whole thing was about.

Nod Nod, Wink, Wink....

A clip from PFT:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ture-security/

"Per a source with direct knowledge of the situation, “[Johnson] reported after getting some comfort on direction and comfort on his future security. He got a strong word from ownership that his future is strongly secure.”

That comfort came from communications with the team. Via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, those communications included a meeting last Friday with owner Bob McNair, coach Bill O’Brien, and G.M. Rick Smith.


While none of that is legally binding, it suggests that Johnson will get all or most of his $11.5 million in 2014, even though the salary carries with it a $16.1 million cap number, due in large part to past team-friendly restructurings. And even though the Texans could still renege on whatever “comfort” he was provided regarding his future security, it would send a horrible message to the rest of the locker room."

barrett 07-25-2014 04:55 PM

If Andre held out to get a wink-wink agreement to be paid part of what he is already owed, then he is even more naïve about money than I previously expected.

And I hope Bob does him a solid but manages not to ruin our future cap in the process. Honestly I wish we could have accelerated as much of his money to this year as possible, to have as little a cap hit as possible in the future when we cut him.

nunusguy 07-25-2014 06:53 PM

O'Brien used 2 of his 3 top draft picks on a stud guard who's reputed to be mean and physical run blocker and a TE who's forte is also blocking, so I'm trying to understand why Andre is excited about his role with O'Briens offense when it sounds like they are gonna be running the ball more ?

barrett 07-25-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 38399)
O'Brien used 2 of his 3 top draft picks on a stud guard who's reputed to be mean and physical run blocker and a TE who's forte is also blocking, so I'm trying to understand why Andre is excited about his role with O'Briens offense when it sounds like they are gonna be running the ball more ?

I can't imagine O'Brien wanting to run the ball any more than Kubiak did. Andre spent most of his career for a coach who loves to run the game, and yet he still gets it thrown his way 150 times a year. If he has a QB who can get it there (big if), there will be plenty of plays for him to make in this offense.

chuck 07-25-2014 11:13 PM

I would guess Andre's more interested in how much he's going to make in 2015 than he is in how much he's going to make in 2014.

In other words, I think he's playing the million dollars this year against the twelve or so he's due next year. My guess is he got a verbal commitment from McNair that they won't cut him next year.

HPF Bob 07-26-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 38401)
I would guess Andre's more interested in how much he's going to make in 2015 than he is in how much he's going to make in 2014.

In other words, I think he's playing the million dollars this year against the twelve or so he's due next year. My guess is he got a verbal commitment from McNair that they won't cut him next year.

Sounds spot on, Chuck. He wants to make sure his remaining years are guaranteed somehow. I guess if you're going to put up with the third rebuilding phase of your NFL career (2003, 2006, 2014), that's not an unreasonable expectation.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2025, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.